Up Coming Events:
July 19 - 21, 2013
National Academy of Forensic Engineers (NAFE) will meet on at the Marriott Minneapolis City Center Hotel in Minneapolis, MN. This meeting will coincide with the National Society of Forensic Engineers (NSPE) 2013 Annual Meeting.
November 18-21, 2013
North America's largest metal forming, fabricating, welding and finishing event will be held at the North and South Halls of McCormick Place, Chicago, Illinois, USA, . ( website)
Contact Joyce at 303-451-6759 to schedule a Presentation from Dr. Grantham at your location or at WJMG in Frederick, CO.
Dr. Jesse A. Grantham is currently scheduling a series of workshops and presentations about Welding Safety, Code and Contract Compliance issues as they relate to the workplace and the courtroom, excerpts from the Welding Community Series publications, and forensic assessments for the legal community.
The Brown Bag Luncheon Series is an hour long self-contained presentation, including a question and answer session that can be conducted at your location for up to 25 guests or at the WJMG facility for up to 20 guests.
Dates and availability are limited. Advanced scheduling and an RSVP guest list is required. Please contact Joyce Bird for scheduling.
To schedule Dr. Jesse A. Grantham as a Speaker or Presenter at your next event, please contact WJMG for availability. Click here for more information and Dr. Grantham's credentials.
Forensic Expert Witness Services
1: belonging to, used in, or suitable to courts of judicature or to public discussion and debate
relating to or dealing with the application of scientific knowledge to legal problems
1: having, involving, or displaying special skill or knowledge derived from training or experience
Dr. Jesse A. Grantham, PE leads the Forensic Testing Laboratory at WJMG. Dr. Grantham has graduate degrees in Welding Engineering from Ohio StateUniversity,as well as a Master of Business Administration in Management andMarketing from the University of Southwestern Louisiana and a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering and Management from Oklahoma State University. He is a registered Professional Engineer (PE) in Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, Texas and Washington. PE status is readily available through reciprocity and the National Council of Engineering Examiners (NCEES). Throughout his 30 years in the welding and joining industry, Dr. Grantham has authored and co-authored articles and papers outlining technique, safety and management issues building a reputation of honesty and reliability with his peers.
- Specializing in hands-on certification of manual, semi-automatic and robotic processes, design, metallurgy of non-ferrous and ferrous materials, CFRs, codes & standards, OSHA & MSHA compliance, safety issues, mechanical tests and nondestructive tests.
- WJMG and Dr. Grantham are a recognized expert resource in the practice and the metallurgical science of forging, bolts, cutting & welding for structural steel, pressure vessels, tanks, shop fabrication and field erection.
- WJMG is a full-service, independent and ISO certified forensic testing laboratory.
- Dr. Grantham has provided numerous depositions and testimony. An expert utilizing "hands-on" testimony.
- WJMG is an active member of technical and professional societies.
- Dr. Grantham has authored and/or co-authored over 50 articles and papers – locally, nationally and internationally.
- Leaks in Welds – Propane Tanks – welding & metallurgical determinations
- Failed Dump Trailer – metallurgy & failed aluminum welds
- Explosion & Fire – Acetylene Cylinders – accident reconstruction & metallurgical evaluations
- Burns & Injury – Welder Training Facility – accident reconstruction & safety analysis
- Electric Shock from Welding Ground – Steel Building Erection – safety & process
- Frozen Water Pipe Thawing – electrical circuits & accident reconstruction
- Fatigue & Fracture – Stainless Steel Gas Appliance Flex Connector – failure analysis & metallurgy
- Cracked Bronze Valve at Water Heater Inlet – metallurgical evaluations
- Broken Torch on Small Gas Cylinder – metallurgy & brazing evaluations
- Fumes from Welding Galvanized/Coated Material – welding procedures & metallurgy
- Failed Horizontal Drill Pipe – friction welding & fracture analyses
- Failed Weld on Ladder Rung – metallurgy, nondestructive testing & welding procedures
- Collapsed Wall Panel – Pre-cast Concrete Building – accident reconstruction & code consulting
- Corroded Gas Pipeline Seams – metallurgy & thickness survey
- Explosion – Oil Refinery Tank – accident reconstruction & welding electrical circuit
- Explosion – Gas Processing Glycol De-hydrator – accident reconstruction, fracture analysis & metallurgy
- Failure of Large Steel Shaft – accident reconstruction, metallurgy & fracture analysis
- Patent Infringement – Rock Crusher Casting – metallurgical evaluations & code consulting
- Broken Airplane Seat – aluminum metallurgical evaluation & fracture analysis
- Improperly-Welded Aerospace Parts – welding & metallurgical determinations
- Collapsed Transmission Tower – accident reconstruction, fracture analysis & nondestructive testing
- Deficient Robot Fixture Design – failure analysis & metallurgy
With over 30 years in the welding and metals industries, his passion for his work is overshadowed only by his vast experience and skill.
Click here for a brief list of Dr. Grantham's credentials